Aura Shift (AS) occurs when the shape or form of an auric field or life energy field changes to that of the theriotype. This is a spiritual related shift in that it requires the belief in auras which are considered paranormal.
A Therian may also experience a partial or full mental shift along with an aura shift.
Discussions on AHWW were clearly including this type of shift as early as 1996. However, this is a less common shift that we don't see mentioned very often in the community today.
- See also: Shift (Therianthropic)
It is important to note that there is no proof of auras, astral travel, or out of body experiences. We do need to be aware that there are alternative explanations to astral, aura, spiritual, and bilocation shifting. They may not necessarily be spiritual in nature, but could be explained by ordinary events. Astral shifts could be the result of our brains trying to process the surroundings and the effects of sensory fatigue, a well documented effect which is at work in those able to perceive common optical illusions. Seeing auras or outlines around people and objects can simply be due to eye fatigue and other perceptual processes.  
- ↑ Were.net, "Shifting and Awareness Terms" January 18, 2001 (archived page accessed May 25, 2018) https://web.archive.org/web/20010118174900/http://www.were.net:80/~pinky/wereterms.html
- ↑ Shifters.org, "Shifting Types" (2001 web archive accessed May 25, 2018) - http://web.archive.org/web/20010709235122/http://www.shifters.org/shifting/types.shtml
- ↑ "Proposal: Werecode v.0.5", September 29, 1996, (accessed May 25, 2018) https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.horror.werewolves/1cYEm0yfZZM/m6W8ZaoNKzMJ
- ↑ Benjamin Radford, "Astral Projection: Just a Mind Trip" March 18, 2013 http://www.livescience.com/27978-astral-projection.html
- ↑ The Skeptics Dictionary - http://skepdic.com/auras.html